Every once in awhile I get into deeply dark moods were I can't even see the sun anymore. They don't happen to often, but once I am in one, its really hard to get me out of it. Usually I make really stupid decisions while there. I had really been disappointed by Zagreb, and I was really really sick of being sick. I was homesick for the first time since leaving.
The train ride had been hot and long, and despite the very sweet Dutch girls in my carriage, my first train ride had been rough. There was no air circulation, and we needed to leave the window open to be able to breath. This worked great until we stopped at the Slovenian border for an hour and nearly suffocated. The final straw had been when the train conductor had double stamped my ticket, a mistake that could have cost me a travel day had I not chased him down the corridor in my socks.
I was grouchy and I almost made the biggest mistake of the trip, staying on the train to Salzburg, just two hours away. But then I would have missed Ljubliana and all the wonderful people and things that happened there. Its late, so I will write more tomorrow, but I wanted to end the evening on an up note.
It took me a five minute walk and ten blocks before I was in love with a city.
Ljubliana, Slovenia
No comments:
Post a Comment